Keto Cornbread That Is Moist and Buttery
You won’t be able to tell that this Keto Cornbread is low carb. Who doesn’t love a warm piece of buttery cornbread with a bowl of hot chilly. This keto cornbread recipe will allow you to once again have that meal while staying keto.
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup) plus one tablespoon of butter to grease the cast iron skillet
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- optional OOOflavors Cornbread Extract 6 drops
These protein chips allow us to have chips with out the carbs and get a good source of protein.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond meal, sugar substitute, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the heavy cream, sour cream, and eggs. Mix until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and gently stir till fully incorporated.
- Next add the melted butter, and stir till mixed.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to the pre-heated 9-inch cast iron skillet then add the batter to the to skillet
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Photo from here