McDonald’s Keto Food List
Use thiswhen you’re on the way back from your Family vacation with your spouse and 2 kids crying that they are hungry.
Like any parent on the brink of going crazy, you pull in the parking lot of the closet fast food restaurant to make these kids happy.
Chances are the restaurant you pulled in to is a McDonald’s, seeing how they are the most popular fast food chain in the world. They may be known as the most popular, but they are definitely not known for being Low Carb or Keto friendly. That is why I am writing this article, to help you navigate the McDonald’s menu while staying keto.
While it may take some creativity and work to make a decent keto approved meal, it can be done and here are some basic rules to follow when ordering at McDonald’s on a Keto diet. enjoy my
Basic Keto McDonald’s Rules
1. Get all sandwiches bun-less, this goes for the biscuits and muffins too.
2. Stay away from any breaded items like the crispy chicken sandwich and chicken nuggets.
3. Order all salads without any croutons, and stay away from most dressings besides ranch & caesar.
4. Never use ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard are much better options with less carbs.
5. Stay away from sauces like honey mustard, sweet ‘n sour, and barbeque sauce.
If you follow the above rules, you should be able to join the family for a quick meal at McDonald’s, while staying in ketosis. But, to be even more awesome, below are some go-to meals that you can order safely knowing they won’t knock you out of ketosis.
• The Big Breakfast (no hash browns or biscuit, add bacon and cheese): 4g net carbs
• Sausage Burrito (no tortilla): 4g net carbs
• Egg McMuffin (no English muffin): 3g of net carbs
• Sausage, Egg and Cheese McMuffin or McGriddle (no English muffin or griddle cake): 4g net carbs
• Triple Breakfast Stack McGriddle (no griddle cake): 7g net carbs
• Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit (no biscuit): 4g net carbs
• Sausage Patty: 1g net carbs
• Steak Patty: 0g net carbs
• Bacon:1g net carbs
• Canadian Bacon: 1g net carbs
• Cheese Slice: 1g net carbs
• Eggs: 1g net carbs
Lunch & Dinner Options:
• Big Mac (no bun, no ketchup or Big Mac sauce): 5g net carbs
• Tip: The Big Mac sauce only adds 1 more carb, so if your macros for the day allow it, go for it!
• Quarter Pounder with Cheese (no bun, no ketchup): 3g net carbs
• Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad (no croutons): 8g net carbs
• Double Cheeseburger (no bun, no ketchup): 3g net carbs
• Mushroom & Swiss Grilled Chicken (no sauce, bun, or onion strings): 2g net carbs
• Bacon McDouble (no bun, no ketchup): 4g net carbs
• Side salad: 2g net carbs
Keto Friendly Sauces:
• Side salad: 2g net carbs
• Creamy Ranch Sauce: 1.5g net carbs
• Signature Sauce: 3g net carbs
• Unsweetened tea as well as black iced or hot coffee would be your best option.
• Tip: Always have keto approved sweeteners like stevia handy to sweeten up those drinks.
• If you allow soda in your diet, they offer Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and Diet Dr. Pepper depending on the location.
Menu options are from Kevin Goes Keto